DECISION No.328-TTg ON THE 27TH OF MAY 1995 OF THE PRIME MINISTER TO ESTABLISH THE VIETNAM AVIATION CORPORATION
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government on the 30th of September 1992;
In order to reorganize the business activity in the Aviation Service;
At the proposal of the Director of the Vietnam Civil Aviation Department,
Article 1.- To establish the Vietnam Aviation Corporation on the basis of reorganizing and rearranging the business and administrative units of the Civil Aviation Service, with the Vietnam National Aviation Company as the core.
The Vietnam Aviation Corporation (hereunder referred to as the Corporation) is a State-owned corporation, has the legal person status, has the civil rights and obligations as prescribed by law, takes responsibility for all business activities conducted within the amount of capital managed by the Corporation; has assets and centralized funds; has its seal; is allowed to open accounts at domestic and foreign banks in compliance with State regulations; is organized and operates in accordance with the Statute of the Corporation.
The international transaction name of the Vietnam Aviation Corporation is VIETNAM AVIATION CORPORATION, or AVIAVIETNAM in abbreviation.
The head office of the Corporation is located in Hanoi City.
Article 2.- The Vietnam Aviation Corporation has the following main tasks:
1. To carry out business and services in air transportation of passengers and goods at home and abroad in accordance with the State overall planning, plans and policies on the development of the Civil Aviation Service, including development planning, investment, construction, generation of sources of capital, renting and purchase of aircraft, maintenance and repair of equipment, import and export of materials, equipment, spare parts, raw materials, fuel in service of the business activity of the Corporation; to enter into joint venture and cooperation with domestic and foreign economic organizations in accordance with State laws and policies; and to undertake other business tasks in accordance with law.
2. To receive and efficiently use, preserve and develop the State-allocated capital, including part of the capital invested in other businesses; receive and efficiently use various natural resources, land, commercial rights and other resources allocated by the State to carry out its assigned business and other tasks.
3. To organize and manage activities in research and application of scientific and technological advances, in training and fostering cadres and workers in the Corporation.
1. The organizational structure of the Corporation consists of:
- The Managing Board, the Supervisory Commission;
- The General Director and the assisting apparatus;
- The member units of the Corporation.
2. The organization and operation of the Corporation is concretely defined in the Statute of the Corporation promulgated by the Government.
Article 4.- The Director of the Vietnam Civil Aviation Department, after consultation with the Minister-Chairman of the Government Commission on Organization and Personnel, shall submit to the Prime Minister for decision the appointment of the President of the Managing Board, the General Director of the Corporation, and other members of the Managing Board.
The Director of the Vietnam Civil Aviation Department shall decide the appointment of the Deputy General Directors and the Chief Accountant of the Corporation at the proposal of the Managing Board and the suggestion of the General Director of the Corporation.
1. The Director of the Vietnam Civil Aviation Department is responsible for drafting a plan for the rearrangement of the business and administrative units in the aviation service as defined in Article 1 to draw up a list of the member units of the Corporation, and submit it to the Prime Minister for decision.
2. The Managing Board of the Corporation is responsible for drafting the Statute on the organization and operation of the Corporation, and submit it to the Government for promulgation.
3. The Minister of Finance shall preside over and cooperate with the Director of the Vietnam Civil Aviation Department in the allocation of capital to the Corporation.
Article 6.- This Decision takes effect from the date of its promulgation.
The Ministers, the Heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the Heads of the agencies attached to the Government, the Presidents of the People's Committees of the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government, the Managing Board and the General Director of the Vietnam Aviation Corporation, shall have to implement this Decision.
VO VAN KIET