- Submit dossier in Justice Department.
- Within 5 days since receiving enough the legal papers, if redefining ethnic group, supplementing the civil status has enough according to regulation of the law, registrar writes into registration book of changing, correcting the civil status and Director of Justice Department signs and issues an original of Decision on allowing to redefine ethnic group, supplement the civil status to the person concerned. The copy of Decision is issued according to requirements of the person concerned.
The content and basis to redefine ethnic group, supplement the civil status must be taken notes in the column of notes of Birth registration book and the verso of the original of Birth certificate.
After redefining ethnic group, supplementing the civil status is written into Birth registration book, the copy of Birth certificate from Birth registration book will write according to the content redefined or supplemented.
Method: Submit directly dossier in Justice Department or can authorize the third person to submit dossier.
Content of Dossier:
- Statement according to the form
- The original of Birth certificate
- Relevant papers to be basis for the change, correction on the civil status, redefining ethnic group, redefining the gender, supplementing the civil status.
Number of documents: 01 set.
Time of execution: 05 days since date of receiving enough legal dossiers, in case there need to verify, the duration is extended 5 days.
Subjects of administrative procedure: Individual, organization
Authority of administrative procedure: Justice Department
Result of administrative procedure: Decision on allowing redefining ethnic group, supplementing the civil status.
Fee (if any): Not over 50,000 VND
Requirements and conditions of administrative procedure (if any): None